Release Date: Feb 23, 2010
It's been a few years since the last Splinter Cell game was released and the cliffhanger ending left fans wanting more. We saw a brief teaser of what looked to be a more combat oriented approach on the Splinter Cell series in 07', only to hear Ubisoft went back to the drawing board. They came back to E3 two years later with this amazing looking demo with some of these incredible features:
- Mission objectives are projected right onto the environment itself, allowing you to stay in the moment without having to pause the game to see what you are suppose to be doing.
- The Mark and Execute: Allowing you to enter a room and mark enemies and objects to shoot in an instant. It looks as though some of this does not even require aiming, and you simply enter and pull the trigger to pull off badass combinations. There seems to be a limit applied of maybe 2-3 marks per engagement, which will help make the game more difficult.
- Interrogations in-game that allow you to kick the living crap out of a guard until you get information you need.
- Night Vision goggles are now a thing of the past and a black and white filter now shows if you are hidden or not. I actually think this is a good thing, as seeing the world in nothing but green got old after a while.
- Ability to vanish or engage once you are seen by enemies, marking the last spot they saw you at while you move around