Gameinformer has made official that Rock Band 4 is on its way to invade your homes with more plastic instruments. Here is a rundown of the major points in the article:
- All your songs purchased will still be available
- No promises on being able to use your old instruments but they are working on incorporating it and things are looking positive in that respect
- Sticking to the core instruments, don't expect a keyboard anytime soon
- Vocals are being reworked for your lead singer
- Reworking visuals and "concert experience"
Rock Band is scheduled for release later this year. Expect to see a lot more at E3 this year!
While the game could be promising and will no doubt be a fun game, the timing feels too little too late. I cannot even imagine where all those plastic instruments I bought are laying around. Rock Band 3 was released back in 2010 and holds a 93 on Metacritic.
 - Gameinformer - Rock Band 4 is Coming Here's What You Need to Know - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/05/rock-band-4-is-coming-here-s-what-you-need-to-know.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage
 - Metacritic - Rock Band 3 - http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/rock-band-3