Xbox One - PC - PS4
Developer: Eidos Montreal
Publisher: Square Enix
Release Date: 2016
Human Revolution was a fantastic title in the Deus Ex franchise, offering combat and stealth with sandbox rooms to experiment with both approaches. Two years after the events of Human Revolution, Mankind Divided will bring back Adam Jensen with a slew of new features.
Not much is being revealed as of yet, but the 25 minute gameplay demo shows off some interesting features:
- Swapping bullet types for each weapon, using EMP ammo to disable a camera for example
- Multi-path options are approaches are still viable in this game, with branching corridors for your preferred approach.
- Non lethal tesla gun arm - targets four enemies at the same time, allowing you to stealthily take out multiple targets
- Icarus Dash - allows adam to traverse terrain out of reach, or rush enemies
- The takedown animations are still as awesome as ever, going into third person for a flashy takedown
- Remote hacking opens up pathways, takes over robots, or disables camera
- Nano-blade is a long range projectile capable of sticking enemies to the wall
- Combat has been reworked to be as fluid and enjoyable as the stealth approach
- Titan Shield has been added to allow Adam to become a human tank in facing enemy weapon fire