Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to the Playstation

It was today in 1995 that Sony released the original Playstation. Little did they know this little machine would go on to inspire and establish many of the franchises we know and love today.

I cannot remember the very first game that I played on the PS one, but do remember the ones I played to death. Twisted Metal remained the prime game I wasted time on. Countless hours were poured into getting one level farther as Mr. Grimm. Resident Evil caused many sleepless nights from the countless scares. Final Fantasy 7 sealed my love for RPGs. Metal Gear Solid introduced me to stealth action like no other title.

I could go on and on with a huge list of games I enjoyed, but it would take a least 4 more pages. For a console that has offered so much fun and had such an impact on the industry, Happy Birthday to the PS One!

No comments:

Post a Comment